Archive for August, 2008
Shannon, Jason, Sarah, Trevor, Nicole and I headed out to Taste of Calgary
last night. The food was really good, if you’re heading down I can highly recommend the following options:
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – Bookers
- Bacon wrapped prawns (actually I’d call them shrimp cause they’re quite small to be called prawns in my opinion) – Belgo Brasserie
- BBQ Beef on a Bun – fourth and 4th (Trev’s recommendation)
- BBQ Beef Rib – Rics Grill (another Trev rec)
- Ginger Beef – China Rose
and some things we would pass on if given the second chance:
- BBQ oyster – The Embarcadero
- Flourless Chocolate Cake – Quality Hotel Airport & Conference Centre
- Oven Roasted Potatoes – Pegasus.
and finally in the drink tent the following were all favorites:
- Rhubarb Crisp Martini – Rics Ultra Lounge
- Voyant Chai Creme w Root Beer – Voyant Chai Cream
- Bartenders I’m Banana’s Over You w Root Beer – Voyant Chai Cream
- Cherry Lemonade Slushee – Dr. McGillicuddy’s
Shannon and I took Rocky for a nice little walk along the path near the 12 Mile Coulee, this guy was growing along the path.
Raspberry macro from a BBQ last night.
Went wandering around the bow river pathways at lunch again today. I think I need to find a new spot to walk around since I’m getting alot of the same stuff. Went out with the 50mm f/1.8 Nikkor today and ended up with some good stuff. I really like the Bokeh on this lens. It’s quite circular, which I think gives the images quite a dreamy feel, as Wes has pointed out the Nikon’s really need to be metered for highlights. I had a few images today come out completely blown cause I was metering for the scene and not the highlights per se. It’ll be something I have to get used to. The rest of the set is available here.